Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013: the year of the snake...

happy new year!

welcome year of the snake: Peace, Prosperity and Wisdom.

you were born in the year of the snake if you were born in the following years:

1905*1917*1929*1941*1953*1965*1977*1989*2001

a friend gave me this poem and i thought i would share it:

i am running into a new year
and the old years blow back
like a wind
that i catch in my hair
like strong fingers like
all my old promises and
it will be hard to let go
of what I said to myself
about myself
when i was sixteen
and twentysix and thirtysix but
i am running into a new year
and i beg what i love and
i leave to forgive me


-lucille clifton

here is to a wonderful year of living...

xo


roly poly cute snake



special block print snake
handmade in takayama, japan



No comments:

Post a Comment