Tuesday, August 30, 2011

gratitude...

when i am stressed out or focusing on something that is frustrating me, the thing that helps me most is focusing on gratitude. this is always a reminder of all i have to be thankful for, it usually far outweighs whatever may be bothering me.

so, its hot.
i have really been frustrated with the heat over the past few days, so i decided to make a gratitude list about the things i am thankful for in austin.

the first thing that came to mind was:

1. barton springs

what a rare and beautiful place those of us who live in austin get to go any day of the week. for me this is the one thing that can really cool me down in summer. i love the calm community feel, especially after 9 pm. people have been enjoying the springs for decades. i love the old photos, they remind me that some good things about people and places don't change.

thank you barton springs.









No comments:

Post a Comment